You can refer to the combination of one trigger and one or more offers as a promotion.
Discount Ninja does not display a list of promotions, instead you'll find a list of triggers and a list of offers in the app.
Offers define a discount you want to provide to all or some of your visitors and customers.
An offer provides one of the following:
- Free shipping
- Percentage discount
- Fixed amount discount at line level
- Fixed amount discount at cart level
- Free gift
An offer can include cart rules:
- When it is applicable: for example if the visitor spends $50 or buys 2 shirts
- What products or collections it applies to
An offer also defines a a schedule (i.e. start and end date) as well as some configuration around number of times it can be used.
- How offers are bundled
- To whom they are offered
Triggers come in three flavors:
- Automatic rules: these are public promotions, they are automatically triggered if the conditions apply.
- Shareable link: these are private promotions, they are hidden and only displayed if a customer access the shop with a link that contains a token specific to the trigger. You can share the links via social media, email, sms, messenger or paid ads.
- Promotion code: these are private promotions, they are hidden and only displayed if the visitor enters the promotion code to Discount Ninja's custom promotion code field
Triggers can contain conditions:
- Audience: trigger offers only for visitors or for logged in customers
- Country: trigger offers only for those connecting from specific countries
- Referrer: trigger offers for those that come from specific domains, such as facebook, google,...
Triggers can trigger multiple offers. This is useful if you want to combine multiple offers in the cart with a shareable link or promotion codes.
You can document multiple shareable links for the same trigger. This is useful if you want to create a separate link for each discounted product or collection and share those links with your customers.