Discount Ninja is designed to overcome a number of limitations in how Shopify's standard discount codes and automatic codes work.
These limitations are baked into the standard checkout of Shopify. As a result, Discount Ninja needs to be able to send you to a checkout generated by the app that applies your discount rules.
You can read more about the checkout process here.
Recharge: limited compatibility
The app can be combined with Recharge. To ensure compatibility, please tag your subscription products with a tag "Subscription" (case doesn't matter).
Here's what to expect when working with Recharge:
- A cart that does not contain subscription products is processed by Discount Ninja.
- A cart that contains at least one subscription product will be processed by Recharge. Any Discount Ninja promotions applicable to the cart will not be processed.
For those reasons, the app cannot be combined with:
- Shopify's native automatic discounts since they overrule discounts at the checkout
- Shopify's "buy now" buttons and "express checkout" buttons
- Apps that redirect to a non-standard Shopify checkout.
- Apps that redirect to a checkout without submitting the cart form
Categories of apps with compatibility problems
- Apps that redirect to a multi-currency checkout
- Apps that redirect to a subscription product checkout
- Apps that create upsells on a separate checkout flow
- Apps that provide a "one-click" buy option
- Apps that redirect to the checkout using a /checkout link instead of submitting the cart form
List of apps with known compatibility problems
- Pre-Order Manager by SpurIT
- KAD Pre‑order — PreOrder NOW
- Bundler ‑ Product Bundles by Nice
- Bold Cashier
- Revy apps
- Quantity Breaks Discounts App by Smarty Marketing
- Smart Offers by Smartify Apps (not listed on the App Store)
- Flits: Customer Account Page
- Free Gifts by Secomapp
- Unlimited Bundles & Discounts by Revy Apps